The adventures and shenanigans of three friends who are having randomly awesome times in Thailand and are hoping to be sober enough to remember them.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Hotel Experience

Nha Trang, Vietnam

I just had the weirdest hotel experience so far on this trip. Everything was fine when we went to bed, but then at 3am a pipe decided to burst in our bathroom, thus beginning the process of flooding the place. I woke up to a sound quite like an airconditioner on full ball, and in my half-asleep state I'm like "WTF is that grumble..." so I get out of bed, and look into the bathroom. I turned the light on, waited for my eyes to adjust, and enjoyed the slightly cooling effect of water spraying my legs.
Took me a little minute to realise that water hitting my legs plus a gushing sound from the bathroom is a BAD thing.

Turns out the bidet (its a hose you use to spray your ass, for the uninitiated) decided to break away from it's pipe wall mounting. I woke Drew up to go find the reception dudes while I tried in vain to figure out how to shut off a pipe with no tap or anything nearby. Turns out there's a wheel set into the wall in a little nook that turns off all the water in the room, but at 3am I wasn't that awake to solve it.

Crisis averted by the friendly staff, we went back to sleep. Woke up at midday (we decided to have a rest day). Drew's gone for a walk, so I take the opportunity to satisfy my morning ablutions and have a shower.

So there I am in my birthday suit, sitting on the ol' thunderbox reading a book and enjoying the quiet when the door swings open and in comes the cleaning lady.

I'm almost positive she loved it, judging by her "Shit oh sorry oh sorry" as she hurriedly scampered out of the room. Shit indeed, cleaning lady! I just got to a good part in the book too! Way to interrupt my meditations.

So that's our day so far. Drew's rented a bike and has gone off in search of artistic treasures, while my pursuits lean more towards going to the beach and drinking margaritas on a deck chair while staring at the ladies. Sometimes I just don't know how I manage to survive this trip, I really don't.

PS: Vote on the Triple J Hottest 100. You know you want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home