The adventures and shenanigans of three friends who are having randomly awesome times in Thailand and are hoping to be sober enough to remember them.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Yo

Okay at the moment I'm in Chaing Mai in an internet cafe that is actually a dudes living room. I'm partially watching some horror film on TV with his kids on the couch next to me. It's a surreal experience.

So much has happened and it has only been 2-3 days so I'll try and super summarize.

-Flight good, boring though.
-King festival pretty cool, heaps of lights and everyone wears yellow. The love the shit out've this guy.
-Khao San was a dump but kind've fun. Its such a tourist ghetto.
-Bangkok as a whole is just...a city. I mean yeah theres heaps of Thais but it's exactly like being in the valley but with LESS asian signs.
-Tuk-tuks, three wheels or ridiculous coolness. I love them.
-The taxis have no seat belts and do 120 on the freeway.
- I was really suspicious we mite be getting scammed at this travel place, cause a dude approached us and recommended it. Turns out he and it was legit, so thanks to them we flew to Chaing Mai today and are staying at a pretty sweet hotel for cheap.
- I cannot for the life of me say goodbye in Thai properly. It's Cop Coon Crop but everytime I try it I fudge it and look like a tool. Jonos pretty fluent tho the bastard.
-The Kings birthday bash was awesome, we had a really good time. I am now hideously sick from it but hey its always about balance.

I've probably forgotten a heap but I'm tired and buggered so meh. We're doing cooking courses and temples and treks the next coupla days, so stay tuned to here about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home