The adventures and shenanigans of three friends who are having randomly awesome times in Thailand and are hoping to be sober enough to remember them.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Lao'd back

Vientiene, Laos

Just a quicky from Laos, nice little country and so quiet compared to the other SE Asian capitals. No horns, traffic noise at a minimum, sunshine and no smog...been here one day and already I'm loving it.

Alli and Jess only have a week in Laos due to visa restrictions, so we're hot footing it up to Viang Vieng (one of these days I'll be able to spell it) on a local bus. That's the "party town" of Laos apparently, and where we finally get to sit in a giant rubber inner tube and float down the river beer in hand. We've been looking forward to this the entire trip, and I am going to be so sunburnt it's ridiculous. But I'll try my best to minimise the damage. Does anyone know how much it costs to get a small child to cover me with an umbrella for three hours? No? Bugger. Just thought I'd check.

We caught an old twin-propped plane down to Vientiene, and my first words when I saw it were "Well, this could be interesting." That's pretty much become a standard catchphrase for me over here, which is self explanatory really. The plane itself was fine, no dramas whatsoever, no pieces falling off. Although I would have liked some more peanuts.

Anyway, we're off to stock up on nibblies for the bus. Talk to ya'll from the party capital of the universe! ...and by universe I mean Laos. Laos, by the way, is pronounced "LAO", the s is silent. Just so you don't go making a tool of yourself when you try to say where your favouritest people in the whole wide world are.
Oh, and the photo? It's the only one I have of Laos so far...PIMP HONE market indeed! Here you can buy things that HONE your PIMPIN' skillz!

Get it? I crack me up sometimes, I really do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home